NETSCAPE / DIGG

Viral Web Marketing Strategies

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Digg Effect For 15 Minutes of Fame or More?

I've felt the DIGG Effect a couple of times. It felt good. But then I started wondering, how big is the Digg Effect? Can it be felt further than my favorite sites? Is there a ripple effect the transcends the webiverse?

To begin my journey, I had to find 3 little know websites that all got DIGG alumi status on the same day:

digg-page

Then, I went to the Oracle. No, not the poor looser. The spiritual soothsayer in Alexa.com. Sure enough, she tells me that graphicreporter.com, holyfolio.org, and interestingwritings.blogspot did indeed get raptured on that day. But she wasn't clear enough to divine if their accension was permanet or if they were sent back to earth to work off more karma.

digg-effect

So we went deeper into the holy pages of Digg.com but quickly found a gate keeper at page 92.

92-digg

As hope was fading, we went back to our oracle with what little we had to offer. But to our surprise, it was enough. There is a clear maintained increase in daily reach after each digg effect.

page92

Digg, bringing you more than your 15 minutes of fame.

DIGG IT!

No comments:

Google Spiders Gmail! Gmail as Viral Marketing Agent